We are a Christian community based on a shared understanding of the Bible. Our name ‘Christadelphian’ comes from Greek, meaning “brothers and sisters in Christ” chosen to reflect the fellowship found in God’s ‘family’. We have been known by this name for well over 150 years and there are Christadelphians in countries all over the world.
Our aim is to live by faith in Jesus Christ, according to his teaching and that of his disciples from the first century AD, as recorded faithfully in the Holy Bible.
Our Key Beliefs are:-
- The Bible is God’s message of truth to the world, giving direction, purpose and hope in life.
- There is One God, the Father. The Holy Spirit is God’s power.
- Jesus Christ is The Son of God, born a human through his mother Mary.
- Jesus lived a sinless life. His heart’s desire out of love for God and the human race was to conquer the curse of sin and death that began with Adam and Eve. His victory has opened up the way of salvation.
- God created mankind with free will to choose his own heart’s desire: either listening to and obeying God or doing his own will. The first pair, Adam and Eve, chose their own will over God’s and so the battle of good verses evil has continued ever since. Rather than blame a supernatural being supposedly in opposition to God we believe the Bible teaches that the mind of man is where evil in the world stems from.
- Repentance (meaning a complete change of direction toward God) followed by baptism into Jesus Christ (full immersion in water as a symbol of washing away sin and a new beginning) and following Jesus daily are necessary for salvation.
- Man is mortal, and at death, returns to the dust of the earth.
- Over the centuries there have been people who have faithfully followed Jesus but have subsequently died. These will be raised from the dead and, together with all those faithful followers that are alive at his return, will be given immortal life which is the promised gift of God.
- Jesus is in heaven with his Father until he returns to reign as supreme King
of the Earth, restoring harmony, bringing justice, peace and joy which has been God’s plan from the beginning of human history.